Helpful Guide to SMU Brightspace Learning Management System
SMU Brightspace is the Learning Management System (LMS) of the Saint Mary’s University. The SMU Brightspace Learning Environment is an innovative learning management system for creating, hosting, and editing online learning resources at the Saint Mary’s University Courses. The SMU Brightspace LMS enables online cooperation between instructors and students, increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of Saint Mary’s University courses. It contains a flexible suite of tools for creating custom content for institutions, courses, and users.
To access the SMU Brightspace learning management system, kindly read the information or details outlined here. A helpful step-by-step guide to help and support you to access the SMU Brightspace Learning Management System has been provided here. To access SMU Brightspace, carefully go through the steps provided before on how to log into the SMU Brightspace learning management system (LMS). To access the SMU Brightspace, then you must first log in. You
- Visit or Navigate to SMU Webpage and click on the “Brightspace” button at the top-right or visit https://smu.brightspace.com/ directly with your web browser. On a PC or Mac, Firefox is recommended to access Brightspace.
- Enter your SMU username and the appropriate password. Reset your password using SMU Activate if you have forgotten your password.
- Click on “Log In” then the dashboard.
- Click the waffle drop-down menu (top), and click on your desired course.
How to log into SMU Brightspace LMS through the Brightspace Pulse App
Brightspace Pulse is an application from D2L which gives you access to Brightspace from your mobile device. It is available for both Android and iOS
devices. Download Pulse from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. With the Brightspace Pulse app, you can have access to the following:
- Access Grades, Feedback for your quizzes and assignments
- Get notifications for assignment due dates and upcoming quizzes
- Access Content
- Get updates/ news from the course page
Log into Brightspace Pulse
- Download the Brightspace Pulse App and Install it on your mobile device.
- Open the Brightspace Pulse app on your mobile device. You can learn more about the Brightspace Pulse by swiping left/right or skipping to the next step by clicking Next.
- Search or select Saint Mary’s University.
- Enter your SMU username and password.
- Click on “Log in” to have access to your SMU Brightspace Learning Management System (LMS).
The Brightspace Pulse app is not a substitute for accessing courses via Brightspace on a computer. The app is planned to be a fast way of checking on a course while you are on the go. Not all course content will appear in the calendar and some content and feedback, are not included in the Courses tab of the app. Students are advised to view content and complete course assessments via a web browser, ideally on a laptop or desktop computer.
The Software & Application Support Centre (SAS), in Atrium 107, offers training and support for Brightspace. Contact the SAS at email@example.com, or by phone at (902) 496-8168.