Brightspace Purdue: Helpful Guide to Purdue University LMS 2022
Brightspace Purdue is the Learning Management System (LMS) of Purdue University. The Brightspace Purdue is a Learning Management System designed and built by D2L and supports instructional materials and student interactions. Purdue University LMS has the ability to customize various aspects of its Brightspace to meet its unique needs. The various Brightspace resources have been created to assist Purdue faculty, staff, and students to navigate our instance of Brightspace. With Purdue University LMS, instructors are able to create and present online study materials, assignments, quizzes and exams, course communication and discussion forums, and students assessment.
Brightspace has a lot of tools such as the robust exam tool that allows for multiple-choice, short-answer, true/false, or short or long-answer examinations. The Gradescope tool is an online grading tool for scanned, pen-and-paper, free-response assessments, that supports workflows for both student assignments and instructor upload of assessments (exams). For academic integrity, the Brightspace Respondus Browser tool is a specialized tool that secures a student’s computer by preventing access to other browsers, chat programs, and other applications during an online exam.
Are you finding difficulties accessing the Brightspace Purdue or Purdue University LMS, don’t worry we got you. Below is a helpful guide to assist individuals in order for them to access Brightspace Purdue. To access Brightspace Purdue, you must first log into your Purdue University LMS account. To log into Purdue University LMS, you will need to have your Purdue username and password. Your username for accessing Brigtspace LMS is provided by your institution and can be obtained by contacting your enrollment/Registrar’s Office. Below is the step-by-step guide on how to log into Brightspace Purdue.
How to Log into the Brightspace Purdue
- Go to or Navigate to the Brightspace Purdue website at https://purdue.brightspace.com/ on your web browser.
- Choose the campus you are at Purdue University to log into the Brightspace Purdue. Below are the campuses available at Purdue University; Purdue West Lafayette, Purdue Fort Wayne, Purdue Global, and Purdue Northwest.
- Enter your appropriate username and password.
- Click on “Login” to have access to the Brightspace Purdue Learning Management System (LMS).
In case you want to navigate the Brightspace Learning Management System, the following common interface will assist you:
- Minibar: is always visible and enables you to navigate Brightspace Learning Environment or LMS.
- My Home: Returns you to your organization’s homepage.
- Course Selector: Use the course selector to access your courses on the Purdue Brightspace LMS.
- Messages: Alerts you about unread mail and instant information from instructors and other learners.
- Subscriptions: Alerts you about the latest blog posts, subscribed discussion forums, topics, and threads.
- Updates: Alerts you about recent and updated announcements, due dates and end dates, and grades.
- Username: Permits you to make changes to your user profile, notifications, account settings, and log out.
- Navbar: Provides links to course-specific tools, for example, Discussions, Assignments, and Quizzes. The navbar may change depending on your course.
- Course Homepage: Provides fast access to important information related to the course, for example, announcements and calendar items.