UTS Canvas: A Complete Guide to Canvas UTS 2023
Canvas is a web-based learning management system (LMS) employed by many learning institutions especially universities to manage online learning, instructors to develop and offer online study materials and assess student learning as well as enable students to engage in studies and receive feedback about skill development and learning achievement. UTS Canvas is a current, intuitive platform where both undergraduate and postgraduate students access courses they have been enrolled in. UTS Canvas is the online platform where you can:
- Access learning and teaching materials for subjects
- Complete online activities
- View Subject announcements
- Submit assessments
- Receive grades and feedback
Below is a complete step-by-step complete guide on how to access the UTS Canvas. To have access to your courses and all the features of Canvas, you must first log in to your Canvas account. Logging into UTS Canvas can be done with a web browser through the UTS Canvas webpage or with a mobile device through the Canvas student app. The Canvas student app is available in Google Play or the App Store.
How to Login to UTS Canvas Using a Web Browser
- Go to canvas.uts.edu.au. on your browser. If you are logged into a secure single sign-on (SSO), you will be redirected straight to Canvas but if you are not logged into SSO you will be automatically prompted to log in using your student email address.
- Enter your student email address and UTS password. The email address is usually in this format email@example.com. Click on “Reset your student password” if you have forgotten your password.
- Authenticate with multi-factor authentication (MFA).
Logging in Using Canvas App
Students can log in through the Canvas students App. Download the Canvas Student app to access Canvas on your mobile device and get communications delivered straight to your device. The Canvas student app is available in Google Play Store for Android devices and in App Store for IOS users. With the Canvas student app you can log in with your school URL or QR code. Every institution uses a specific URL to access Canvas. Download the Canvas student app now and follow the steps to log in.
Logging in with URL
- Open the Canvas student app and enter UTS Canvas URL or Search for and add the University of Technology Sydney
- Click on the login button and enter your student email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and UTS password.
- Then authenticate with multi-factor authentication (MFA) to access your Canvas home page and subjects.
Logging in with QR Code
To log in with the QR code, click on the account link and then the QR code. For the QR code, a UTS staff must enable the QR code feature before they can use it. QR code can be scanned from the login page of UTS Webmail. To view the QR code:
- Log in to your UTS Canvas account.
- Click on “QR code for Mobile” in the account
- Click on the proceed button and your code will display.
The QR code is the same as your password and should be kept confidential. Most Canvas features will work on mobile devices, but it will work best in the browser on your laptop or desktop computer.
If you need UTS Canvas help on the spot, you can contact the Canvas 24/7 helpline. Log into Canvas and click “help” on the main navigation menu. Canvas will be our sole learning management system.