Usyd Canvas Login Step-by-Step Guide 2023
USYD Canvas is the University of Sydney’s online learning platform or space, where you will information and resources for your units of study. Canvas is an open and reliable web-based learning management system (LMS) used by learning institutions to control online learning, instructors to create and present online study materials and assess student learning, and students to engage in courses and receive feedback about skill development and learning achievement. With USYD Canvas, you can access learning material for each course of study you are enrolled in where you can have access to the following under each course:
- the course of study outline
- learning resources such as lecture notes and recordings, interactive videos, links to readings and articles
- communication tools such as announcements and discussions
- activities including quizzes
- assignment submission
- a calendar where you can view and download important course dates
- the course of study coordinator’s contact details.
Below are the step-by-step guides on how to log in to USYD Canvas. To have access to all the features and courses on USYD Canvas, you must first login to your USYD Canvas account. You can login to USYD Canvas through a web browser or a mobile device through the canvas student apps. Log in using your UniKey and password. Your UniKey is a unique ID and password that will give you access to systems and resources at the University. The Canvas student app, Canvas instructor app, and the Canvas parent app are all available in Google Play Store for Android devices and in App Store for IOS users.
How to Login to USYD Canvas Using a Web Browser
- Go to https://canvas.sydney.edu.au/ on your browser. USYD recommends that you used the following browser to access Canvas: Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari (Mac only).
- Enter your UniKey (Username) and password. In case you have forgotten your password, click on “Forgot password” and follow the steps carefully to reset it or change it.
- Click on “Log in” to have access.
Logging in Using Canvas App
Students can log in through the Canvas students App. Download the Canvas Student app to access Canvas on your mobile device and get communications delivered straight to your device. The Canvas student app is available in Google Play Store for Android devices and in App Store for IOS users. With the Canvas student app you can log in with your school URL or QR code. Every institution uses a specific URL to access Canvas.
Logging in with URL
- Open the Canvas student app and enter USYD Canvas URL. In case you don’t know the USYD Canvas URL code, you can search for the school name with the search bar.
- Click on the login button and enter your UniKey and Password.
- Click on “Log in”.
Logging in with QR Code
To log in with the QR code, click on the account link and then the QR code. For the QR code, USDY staff must enable the QR code feature before they can use it. QR code can be scanned from the login page of Sydney student. To view the QR code:
- Log in to your USYD Canvas account.
- Click on “QR code for Mobile” in the account
- Click on the proceed button and your code will display.
The QR code is the same as your password and should be kept confidential.
If you have any problems, contact us on 1800 793 864 (option 3 for ICT) or submit an online enquiry.