UF Canvas: A Helpful Guide to UF eLearning Portal 2023
UF Canvas or UF eLearning portal is the learning management system (LMS) supported by the University of Florida. Canvas is a web-based learning management system by educational institutions, educators, and students to access and manage online course learning materials and communicate skill development and learning achievement. The University of Florida utilizes Canvas as the primary Learning Management System of the university. At the University of Florida (UF)’ Canvas is referred to as eLearning. UF eLearning Portal provides support for a wide variety of accessibility features within the LMS that allows teachers to facilitate their courses on the go, both inside and outside the classroom. Students can access their courses on the go and can now:
- Submit assignments.
- Keep track of coursework with a to-do list and calendar.
- Receive push notifications for new grades and course updates.
- View grades and course content.
Below is a very helpful guide on how to access the UF eLearning Portal or UF Canvas. To have access to the UF eLearning portal, you have first into the UF eLearning portal. All steps on how to log into the UF eLearning portal or UF Canvas have been provided here. You can into UF eLearning Canvas through the URL, UFApp or the Canvas mobile app. The Canvas apps for instructors and students are available in Google Play Store and App store. UF e-Learning in Canvas supports the last two versions of every browser release but recently, Canvas has ceased supporting Internet Explorer 11.
How to Login into Umich Canvas using UF eLearning Website
- Visit the UF eLearning website at https://umich.instructure.com/login/saml on your browser, then click the orange Login to e-Learning button or Navigate to https://ufl.instructure.com/login/saml/355 on your browser.
- Enter your GatorLink credentials (GatorLink Username or Password). Click on “Forgot/Reset password” to reset your password if you have forgotten it.
- Click on “LOGIN”.
Logging with Canvas Mobile App
Students can log in with the Canvas student app whiles instructors can also login in with the Canvas instructors app. Download the canvas mobile app you will need from Google Play Store for Android or App store for IOS users. Download and install the Canvas student app and follow the steps below to log into the UF Canvas account. With the Canvas student app, you can log in with your school URL. Every institution uses a specific URL to access Canvas.
Logging in with URL
- Open the installed Canvas student app and enter UF eLearning portal or search for the University of Florida with the search bar.
- Click on the login button and enter your Gatorlink credentials.
- Click on “Login”.
How to Login into UF eLearning using UFApp
Accessing your UF Canvas files within UFApps greatly reduces the steps necessary to get the files you need, complete your work, and then upload them back to Canvas.
- Log into your UFApp.
- Launch the eLearning application.
- Enter your GatorLink credentials (GatorLink Username or Password).
- Click on “Login”.
Access UFApps from a mobile device
- Download the Citrix Receiver from your device’s app store (Apple Store, Google Play)
- Open the Citrix Receiver and tap “Set up my enterprise apps” or “Add Account” depending on your device type.
- In the “Address” field enter “apps.ufl.edu”
- Use your Gatorlink credentials for the username and password fields.
- If asked for a domain, enter “UFAD”.
Access UFApps from a PC
- Open a web browser and go to http://receiver.citrix.com
- Click on “Download Receiver for Windows”.
- Run the Citrix Receiver installer and click OK if “Confirm installation is complete” shows.
- If a box reading “Confirm installation is complete” appears, click OK. In certain browsers, you may see a ribbon or window that reads “This webpage wants to run the following add-on: Citrix Receiver…” Click “Allow” and select “Do not show me this warning again” if prompted.
- Once the Citrix Receiver is installed go to login.apps.ufl.edu. For certain browsers, you may wish to add https://apps.ufl.edu/ to your trusted sites list, to avoid having to approve each launch of a UFApps application. Check your browser help for instructions.
If you are a student, contact the UF Computing Help Desk at 352-392-4357 or via e-mail at email@example.com.