UCL Moodle: How to Log into Moodle UCL 2023
The University College London’s Learning Management System is the Moodle. Moodle is UCL’s centrally supported digital learning environment. Moodle is the University College London (UCL) online teaching and learning environment where you can interact with your courses online by partaking in online activities such as quizzes and wikis, sharing thoughts and ideas in discussion forums, watching recorded lectures in Lecturecast, submitting assessments through Turnitin and read resources. A Moodle space is a digital representation of your module. The UCL Moodle is designed with a wide range of tools to aid learning and teaching, including tools to:
- Share resources such as documents, handouts, and readings.
- support communication such as forums, chat, blog, and wiki.
- enable group work such as wiki, databases, discussions, and glossary.
- support assessment such as feedback, grades, assignments including Turnitin and quizzes.
- manage administration such as groups, calendars, usage reports, gradebooks and questionnaires.
UCL Moodle is available to all staff and students of the University College London. With the UCL Moodle, students can access all their course materials as well as course-related activities posted by staff on the UCL Moodle. To have access to your courses on the UCL Moodle, you must first log into your Moodle UCL account. You can log into your Moodle UCL page on your desktop or laptop computer or mobile device through your web browser. For a better experience, use either Google Chrome or Firefox or Safari or Edge or Internet Explorer when logging in on your desktop and either Mobile Safari or Google Chrome when logging in with your mobile device.
There are two ways you can log into your Moodle UCL account. Below are the various steps and procedures to assist on how to log into your Moodle UCL page.
How to Log into UCL Moodle
Step 1; On your recommended and preferred browser, open the UCL Moodle Login page at https://moodle.ucl.ac.uk/. The UCL Moodle Login page will open.
Step 2; On the top right of the Login page, Click on either UCL Login or Guest Login depending on how you are login in.
Logging in with UCL Login
- Click on UCL Login on the UCL Moodle Login page.
- The UCL Sign in will open. Enter your UCL username (firstname.lastname@example.org) then click on “Next”. Your Username and Password for Moodle are the same as your UCL email.
- Enter your password.
- Click on “sign in” and you will directly to the UCL Moodle dashboard.
Logging in with Guest Login
- Click on Guest Login and a window will open with three options available. The first option (UCL Login) will take you to the UCL Sign page. The second option (Log in as guest) will automatically log you into Moodle as the site Guest user. The last option (Test account log in”) is for the use of staff test accounts.
- Click on your preferred option and follow the steps to log in.
Many courses are available for ‘guest‘ access. As a guest in UCL Moodle, you can look at the course content but may not take part in any activities. If a Moodle course is part of your programme of study then you must make sure that you enrol on it rather than access it as a guest or else you will miss out on discussion forums and will not be able to participate in any assessments or submit assignments.