UBC Canvas: How to Access UBC’s eLearning platform
UBC Canvas is the University of British Columbia’s primary online learning or eLearning platform. Canvas is a web-based learning management system software that allows universities to control online learning, instructors to create and present online learning materials and assess student learning as well as allow students to engage in courses and receive feedback about skill development and learning achievement. The UBC Canvas includes features such as quizzes, assignments, discussions, and mobile apps which enable instructors to share learning materials, enable student collaboration and discussion, manage assignments and quizzes, and assign grades to student works. With the UBC Canvas, students can use Canvas to communicate, engage with course materials, complete learning activities as well as assist them to keep track of their performance or work.
Accessing UBC’s eLearning platform is simple and easier. All you have to do to get access to the UBC eLearning platform is to log into your UBC Canvas account. All step-by-step guide on how to log into the UBC Canvas account is available to assist you to log in and access your course and other learning activities. Instructors and Students can both log into their canvas account through the UBC Canvas website or through the Canvas mobile app. The Canvas apps for instructors and students are available in Google Play Store and App store.
How to Login into UBS Canvas
- Navigate to canvas.ubc.ca on your browser. UBC’s eLearning platform runs best when using the following web browsers; Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari. Canvas will not work with Internet Explorer.
- Enter your UBC Campus-Wide Login (CWL). If you don’t have a CWL, kindly sign up for a CWL first. Students with UBC email addresses can recover their CWL Login or reset their CWL password through their email. If you have a Non-UBC email address associated with your CWL account, then click on Recover your CWL Login Name or Reset your CWL Password to recover your CWL Login or reset your CWL password.
- Click on “Login”.
How to Login using Canvas Student App
You can also access UBC’s eLearning platform using the Canvas Student app on your mobile device. Download the canvas mobile app you will need from Google Play Store for Android or App store for IOS users. Download and install the Canvas student app and follow the steps below to log into the Penn State Canvas account. With the Canvas student app, you can log in with your school URL or QR code. Every institution uses a specific URL to access Canvas.
Logging in with URL
- Open the installed Canvas student app and enter UBC’s eLearning URL or search for the University of British Columbia with the search bar.
- Click on the login button and enter your NetID and Password.
- Click on “Log in”.
Logging in with QR Code
To log in with the QR code, click on the account link and then the QR code. For the QR code, UBC staff must enable the QR code feature before you can use it. QR code can be scanned from the login page of the UBC CWL page. To view the QR code:
- Log in to your UBC’s eLearning platform.
- Click on “QR code for Mobile” in the account
- Click on the proceed button and your code will display. Scan and log in.
The QR code is the same as your password and should be kept confidential.
If you can’t find your course or have trouble accessing Canvas then Contact the UBC IT Service Centre Help Desk via 604 822 2008 or fill out the web form.