Ontario Graduate Scholarships
Ontario Graduate Scholarships: Fueling Research Excellence in Ontario
The Ontario Graduate Scholarships (OGS) programme promotes excellence in graduate education at Ontario’s publicly supported universities. The OGS programme has been awarding merit-based scholarships to Ontario’s top graduate students across all academic fields since 1975. Universities get OGS awards from the Province, with the number of awards each institution is allowed to give its students each year clearly stated.
The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) for the 2024–2025 academic year is a fantastic opportunity for Ontario, Canada, graduate students. Outstanding students seeking master’s or doctoral degrees in a variety of professions might get financial assistance from these outstanding awards.
Ontario Graduate Scholarships
Application Opening And Closing Date
The opening and closing date for applications for the OGS for the 2024-2025 academic year is opened during Fall of the academic year and closes at Winter but often determined by graduate unit of the University.
- October 6, 2023 is the deadline for doctoral-level study in CIHR-eligible fields of research.
- October 6, 2023 is the deadline for doctoral-level study in NSERC-eligible fields of research.
- October 11, 2023 is the deadline for doctoral-level study in SSHRC-eligible fields of research.
- December 1, 2023 is the deadline for master’s-level study.
- Incomplete or late applications won’t be taken into account.
There are no application fees required when applying for the OGS.
Depending on how many terms you study in a row within an academic year, the OGS are worth $10,000 for two consecutive terms and $15,000 for three consecutive terms.
Courses Available For Ontario Graduate Scholarships 2024-2025
A number of programs are offered under Master’s and Doctoral level of education under OGS. Courses will be available when applications are opened.
Documents Needed To Apply For OGS
- Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions, including unauthorised and student-issued copies are required.
- Awards, publications, conferences, and research experience in the past.
- Study schedule with a maximum of 2 pages: 1 page for the study schedule and 1 page for references/citations.
- Two academic references, which the referees must send online.
How To Apply
The U of T OGS Online Application, accessed through the SGS OGS webpage, is required for applicants to submit an OGS application to their proposed graduate unit.
Before beginning an OGS application, applicants should read the U of T OGS Application Instructions.
Official Website For OGS
The following is the eligibility criteria for applying for the OGS program.
1. Must sign up for and maintain full-time enrollment in an approved programme at the graduate unit where the OGS was given at the University of Toronto.
2. OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Programme) standing must be current.
3. The prize is not available to applicants who have defaulted on a Canada or Ontario Student Loan or who haven’t repaid a loan overpayment in a timely manner.
4. An OSAP restriction does not prevent a person from applying for the OGS.
5. Must possess a study permit that is valid as of the OGS (international) application deadline for graduate units
6. A full-time, two- or three-term programme of study at the University of Toronto leading to a graduate degree is considered an eligible programme.