Canvas PSU: A Guide to Penn State eLearning System 2023
Penn State’s Canvas is a Learning Management System (LMS). The PSU Canvas is Penn State University’s main tool for facilitating online learning, allows teachers to assess students learning, create and offer online learning materials as well as allows students to engage in courses and receive details about skill development and educational achievement. Penn State’s (PSU) Canvas Learning Management System offers students and faculty new ways to manage, navigate, and access their courses online. PSU Canvas allows teachers to facilitate their courses on the go, both inside and outside the classroom. Students can access their courses on the go and can now:
- Submit assignments.
- Keep track of coursework with a to-do list and calendar.
- Receive push notifications for new grades and course updates.
- View grades and course content.
Below is a guide to Penn State eLearning System or PSU Canvas. To access the PSU Canvas or eLearning system, you must first log in to the PSU Canvas account. A step-by-step guide on how to log into the PSU Canvas account through the PSU Canvas site or through the Canvas mobile apps. With the Canvas mobile app, both students and lecturers can access their Canvas courses on their mobile devices.
How to Login into PSU Canvas
- Navigate to the canvas.psu.edu website on your browser. Click the Canvas Login button in the top right corner, OR navigate to psu.instructure.com in the browser of your choice. It is recommended that you use Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Authenticate using your Penn State access account or your Friends of Penn State account by typing your Penn State Email address. You will see your Canvas account dashboard once you log in and can access it now
How to Login using Canvas Student App
Students can log in with the Canvas student app whiles instructors can also login in with the Canvas instructors app. Download the canvas mobile app you will need from Google Play Store for Android or App store for IOS users. Download and install the Canvas student app and follow the steps below to log into the Penn State Canvas account. With the Canvas student app, you can log in with your school URL or QR code. Every institution uses a specific URL to access Canvas.
Logging in with URL
- Open the installed Canvas student app and enter PSU Canvas URL or search for Penn State University with the search bar.
- Click on the login button and enter your NetID and Password.
- Click on “Log in”.
Logging in with QR Code
To log in with the QR code, click on the account link and then the QR code. For the QR code, PSU staff must enable the QR code feature before you can use it. QR code can be scanned from the login page of the PSU student portal. To view the QR code:
- Log in to your PSU Canvas account.
- Click on “QR code for Mobile” in the account
- Click on the proceed button and your code will display. Scan and log in.
The QR code is the same as your password and should be kept confidential.