Canvas: How to Access Virginia Tech LMS 2023
Canvas is the Learning Management System (LMS) for Virginia Tech. Virginia Tech has chosen the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) as the University’s primary platform for course management. Canvas is a more intuitive and more portable, more efficient web-based learning management system that allows institutions to manage online learning, educators to create and present online learning materials and assess student learning, and students to engage in courses and receive feedback about skill development and learning achievement.
Virginia Tech Instructors use Canvas LMS to manage teaching materials like assignments, quizzes, feedback, and student grades. Students also use the Canvas LMS to access learning materials, like assignments, quizzes, feedback, and grades. At Virginia Tech, official courses are automatically created in instructors’ Canvas accounts and enrolled students are automatically added to the Canvas Learning Management System. Official courses are automatically created in students’ Canvas accounts and teaching materials can be reused by instructors by importing them to a new course site.
The SFU Canvas is available and accessible to instructors, students and the Faculty of Virginia Tech. All procedures and details on how to access the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) of Virginia Tech are available to enable here to assist and aid you. To access your Virginia Tech Canvas LMS, you will be required to log in with your VT Username (PID) and PID password. You can log in to your Virginia Tech Canvas LMS on your desktop or laptop with the appropriate web browser as well as on your mobile device.
How to Login to Virginia Tech Canvas LMS
- On your compatible and supported web browser, go to the Canvas Learning Management System login page at https://canvas.vt.edu.
- Enter your VT Username (PID).
- If you don’t have a VT Username, visit HERE to be guided on how to create one. If you’ve forgotten your PID, go to the “Finding My Forgotten VT Username (PID)” page at https://4help.vt.edu/sp?id=kb_article&sysparm_article=KB0010476.
- Enter your PID password.
- If you’ve forgotten your PID password, go to Changing or Resetting My Password page at https://4help.vt.edu/sp?id=kb_article&sysparm_article=KB0010084.
- Click on “Login” to access your Virginia Tech Canvas LMS dashboard.
How to Reset your PID Password
- Go to http://onecampus.vt.edu.
- Near the top-right corner of the page, click Sign In.
- From the drop-down that appears, click Sign In.
- You will see the Login screen prompting for a username and password.
- Under the Passphrase text box, in the sentence “I forgot my username or password.” click I forgot.
- Select I forgot my password.
- In the Username: text box, type your VT Username (PID) which is the first part of your @vt.edu email address.
- Click Reset Passphrase.
- In the Virginia Tech ID text box, type your numeric, 9-digit ID number.
(If you do not know your 9-digit ID number, type the last four digits of your Social Security Number.)
- Click Continue.
- The account recovery methods that you previously set up will appear.
- To the right of the method you want to use (Voice, SMS, Google Account, Yahoo Account, etc.), click the button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to verify your account.
- When prompted, in the New passphrase text box, type a new passphrase.
(For requirements and tips on creating a passphrase, see Virginia Tech Password Rules, Requirements and Tips.)
- In the New passphrase again text box, re-type the same passphrase.
- Click Reset Passphrase.