VIULearn: Helpful Guide to Access VIU D2L LMS 2023
VIULearn (D2L) is the learning management system (LMS) at Vancouver Island University used for producing web-based content for fully online, blended, and web-enhanced courses as well as course components. This system provides a platform for all academic, trades, and online professional development and training courses to share content and collect student work. All using the online system or VIULearn (D2L) can have access to their online course materials and related stuff. When using the VIULearn (D2L) LMS, VIULearn collects a user’s IP address and any information uploaded or provided by the user including course content files, course activities, student work, grades, feedback, and other information entered into the user’s profile. VIULearn provides a record of changes made to assignments, grades, and quizzes for instructors. The VIULearn is a place for active and ongoing teaching and learning. Use of VIULearn is not mandatory at Vancouver Island University, therefore not all courses will use the VIULearn LMS platform, so students should always contact their instructor if they don’t see or can’t access one of their courses available on their VIULearn My Home page.
To access the VIU D2L LMS or VIULearn, you must first log into your VIULearn page. You can log in to VIULearn using your VIU Computer Account. At Vancouver Island University, students have both a student record account and a computer account. A computer account, students will not have one unless they create it themselves. The computer account is what you will use to log in and have access to lab computers at VIU, VIU-Secure Wi-Fi, VUILearn (D2L), and Library Resources. Students without computer account can create one by following the steps below:
How to Create your VIU Computer Account
- Log into your Student Record at https://my.viu.ca/. If you haven’t logged into your student record before, then your password will be your birthdate (in YYMMDD format).
- Click on “Personal Information” on the left pane.
- Click on “VIU Computer” and “VIULearn Account”.
- Enter the required domains.
- Click the “I understand” button once to create a new student account once you are done reading the statement.
How to log into VIULearn (D2L) LMS
Once you have access to your VIU Computer Account, you can log into your VIULearn (D2L) LMS.
- Navigate to VIULearn LMS at https://learn.viu.ca/ through a web browser.
- Click the “Go to VIULearn” button
- Enter your VIU Computer Account credentials. Your username is your Student Number with no spaces or dashes and your password is the Computer Account password you set when you created your VIU Computer account.
- Click the “Sign in” button to access your VIULearn (D2L) LMS.
If you have forgotten your VIU Computer Account credentials or having issues logging into VIULearn, then the best way is to try and reset your Computer Account password and try to log in again. Click on “Forgotten your Computer Account Password” to reset your password. If you have reset your Computer Account password and you are still unable to log in, please Contact the IT Department for further assistance. You can contact CIEL for help by emailing email@example.com.