A UVACanvas: Helpful Guide to University of Virginia LMS 2023
UVA Canvas is now the official and central Learning Management System (LMS) for the University of Virginia. Canvas is a web-based learning management system (LMS) employed by learning institutions, educators, and students to access and manage online course learning materials and communicate about skill development and learning achievement. Canvas includes a variety of customizable course creation and management tools, course and user analytics and statistics, and internal communication tools.
At the University of Virginia, UVACanvas will be used by instructors to facilitate and aid teaching and learning across a variety of instructional settings and can be integrated with Kaltura, Gradescope and Zoom. The UVACanvas workspace is a personal sandbox for instructors to:
- Test course site setup.
- Practice tool functionality.
- Create content that can be imported into their official SIS-rostered course sites.
- Play around with UVACanvas without affecting learners enrolled in your regular classes.
The University version of Canvas (UVACanvas), offers a fully mobile app, where students can quickly view grades, and announcements, and send messages to instructors.
Available here are details and a step-by-step guide on how to access the University of Virginia learning management system (UVACanvas). Students can access the UVACanvas on their desktop using the web or on their mobile devices using the Canvas Student App. For best performance, UVACanvas should be accessed on the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safri. Canvas runs on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, or any other device with a modern web browser.
How to Login to UVACanvas
- Visit the UVACanvas Login Page at https://canvas.its.virginia.edu on your preferred browser.
- Click on the UVA Canvas Login button at the top right of the UVACanvas page to log in through NetBadge.
- Choose option 2.
- Enter your UVA computing ID
- Enter password. In case you have forgotten your password, click on forgotten password and follow the steps carefully to reset it.
- Click on “LOGIN” to log in. It will take you straight to the UVACanvas dashboard.
If you are on a public computer don’t forget to log out when you are done.
How to Login to UVACanvas using the Canvas Student App
With the Canvas student app, you can access SFU Canvas LMS. The Canvas student app is available in Google Play Store for Android devices and in App Store for IOS users. With the Canvas students app, you can log in with your school URL or QR code. ‘
Logging in with URL
- Open the Canvas student app and type UVACanvas URL or website. In case you don’t know the UVACanvas URL code, you can search for the University of Virginia with the search bar.
- Click on the login button and enter your UVA Computing ID and password.
- Click on “LOGIN”.
Logging in with QR Code
To log in with the QR code, click on the account link and then the QR code. For the QR code, a UVA staff must enable the QR code feature before you can use it. QR code can be scanned from the login page of the UVCollab online portal. To view the QR code:
- Login to your UVACanvas account using the details provided above.
- Click on “QR code for Mobile” in the account
- Click on the proceed button and your code will display.
The QR code is the same as your password and should be kept confidential. If you are on a public computer don’t forget to log out when you are done.
Canvas recommends students not use the Canvas mobile app for taking exams and quizzes. Use the desktop app and ensure a secure internet connection for the best experience.