UM Learn: How to Access U of M LMS 2023
UM Learn is the Learning Management System (LMS) of the University of Manitoba. The University of Manitoba Learning Management System (UM Learn) is employed to support the effective provision of face-to-face, online and hybrid courses in the University. A Learning Management System is a web-based software used to control and distribute online materials used in coursework, assignments and assessments for tracking and calculating grades as well as facilitate communication among students and instructors.
The University of Manitoba UM Learn is powered by D2L Brightspace. D2L Brightspace is a learning creation platform made to assist you to create highly personalized experiences that unlock learner potential at scale. With UM Learn, instructors can securely:
- Allocate course materials
- Create, collect and grade assignments
- Provide quizzes and surveys
- Add a teaching assistant or grader/marker to a course
- Use rubrics and a gradebook
UM Learn can be accessed through a web browser or through the Brightspace App. Brightspace Pulse App is a mobile application that lets learners and instructors connect to UM Learn anytime, anywhere and provides an easy view of course calendars, readings, assignments, evaluations, grades, and announcement items. Brightspace Pulse is available for download from the Google Play store or Apple App Store. For the web browser, either Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge web browsers is recommended. To access your UM Learn account you must first log in to your U of M LMS account.
How to Log into UM Learn or U of M LMS
- Visit or Navigate to the UM Learn login page at www. umlearn.ca or https://universityofmanitoba.desire2learn.com/d2l/login on your preferred recommended web browser.
- Click on the “UM Learn Login” button on the page.
- A new login page will open. Now enter your UM email address
- Enter your UM email address password.
- Click “Sign in” on your screen or press the enter key on your keyboard. The UM Learn homepage will open.
Now, you have logged into your UM Learn or the University of Manitoba LMS you can access your courses there. To access your courses in UM Learn, follow the steps listed below to guide and assist you access them.
How to Access My Course(s) in UM Learn
To access your courses at UM Learn:
- Log into UM Learn by following the steps listed above.
- Scroll down the page till you see the “My Courses” widget where an image represents each course.
- Click “List all courses” to check courses that do not appear in the list.
- If you need to explore, you can use the Advanced Search option to find the course.
- Click on the image or course title to access the course.
Detailed instructions and screenshots for course access are available on UM Learn. Log in to UM Learn, then Support and then Getting started.
What to do if you Forget my Email address or Password?