Testudo: How to Access UMD Login 2023
Testudo is the student portal for the University of Maryland (UMD). Testudo is a website that allows the University of Maryland students to register for classes, access unofficial transcripts, check grades, apply for graduation and schedule classes. The University of Maryland (UMD) student portal, Testudo provides limited access for alumni and parents. UMD Login, Testudo offers the following services:
- Appointment and Registration Status
- Change Address / E-mail
- Degree Audit
- Grant/Remove Parent Access
- Registration (Drop/Add)
- Student ID Barcode
- Student Schedule
- Unofficial Transcript
- Waitlist Check-In
The University of Maryland student portal, Testudo is accessible and open to students, staff, faculty, parents and alumni. Students are required to login with their Directory ID and password. Your Directory ID is your username that you will use to log into computers and other electronic systems on campus, access library resources remotely, and complete SEVIS Verification. In order to login with your Directory ID, you will need to activate your Directory ID.
How to Activate Your Directory ID
To activate your Directory ID, you will need the following:
- Either your UID, an Activation Code, or the last five digits of your Social Security Number (SSN) or SID.
- Your Date of Birth (Month-Day-Year)
- Your Last Name.
How to Login to UMD Testudo
- Navigate to Testudo at testudo.umd.edu on your web browser.
- Select your desired service.
- Enter your Directory ID
- Enter your Password
- Click on “LOG IN” to access your Testudo.
How to Grant Parent Access to your Testudo
- Log into your Testudo using the details provided above.
- Click on your name to bring up the “My Profile” link.
- Locate the ‘Parent Access” section of the page and enter your Directory ID of the account to which you want to grant access.
- Click on “Grant”.
- The authorized account will appear in a table in the Parent Access section, displaying the expiry date, current status and action buttons to remove or renew access. You may grant access to additional accounts as well. You must renew access at least once a year or you will need to reauthorize access for the account.
Students can also update their student contact information (Email) in Testudo. At the University of Maryland, there are two official UMD email; UMD Gmail and TERPmail.
How to Update your Student Contact Information
- Log into your Testudo following the steps provided above.
- Click on “Change Address/E-mail. You may be notified to log in with your university credentials. You may also require to Authenticate With Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
- Click on ‘Edit” at the top right of your screen to make changes to your contact information.
- Select the access level of your profile from one of the options provided.
- The Email is automatically set to the University of Maryland system. For undergraduate students, it is @terpmail.umd.edu whiles for graduate students, it is @umd.edu.
- Click on “Update” to save changes. Once you have completed this process, your contact information will be updated within two hours.