SMC Canvas: How to Access SMC LMS 2023
SMC Canvas is the Learning Management System for Santa Monica College. Canvas is a web-based learning management system used by institutions, instructors and students to manage online course learning materials and communicate about skills improvement and learning accomplishment. Canvas has a variety of customizable course creation and management tools, course and user analytics and statistics, and internal communication tools. Canvas is primarily a web-based software but any user can access Canvas on a mobile device from the Canvas Teacher and Canvas Student mobile app.
With SMC Canvas, instructors use it to organize and present class materials, assign and view homework, assess submissions, provide grades and communicate with their students. Students use it to manage their course requirements, find course materials, submit homework, assess their course progress, and communicate with instructors and classmates about course assignments and requirements.
The SMC Canvas is available and accessible to instructors, students and the Faculty of anta Monica College. SMC canvas can be accessed on the web on your desktop or through the Canvas Mobile app for students and teachers on your mobile device. To access your Corsair Connect, you must first log in with your SMC Username ( SMC email name without “@student.smc.edu” or “@smc.edu”) and password. You can log in to your Virginia Tech Canvas LMS on your desktop or laptop with the appropriate web browser as well as on your mobile device.
How to Login to SMC Canvas
- Navigate to the Corsair Connect Sign-In page at https://online.smc.edu/login/saml/6 on your web browser.
- Enter your SMC Username. Your username is SMC email name without “@student.smc.edu” or “@smc.edu”.
- Enter your password. Your password is your regular SMC password, the same one you use for Corsair Connect.
- Click on “Login” to access your SMC Canvas LMS.
How to Login to SMC Canvas with the Mobile App
The SMC Canvas can also be accessed through the Canvas students App and the Canvas Teacher App. Instructors and TAs can download the Canvas Teacher App for iPhone, iPad or Andriod devices while students can download the Canvas IOS Student App for iPhone and iPad or Android Canvas App for Android from Google Play Store or App Store. Download and install the canvas app and follow the steps before accessing your SFU Canvas through the app;
- Open the Canvas Student app on your mobile device by tapping on the Canvas Student app icon.
- Enter the SMC Canvas URL in the text box.
- Click on the “Go” button after entering the URL. You will be redirected to the SMC Canvas login page
- On the Login Page, enter your SFU Computing ID.
- Enter your SFU Computing account password.
- Click on the “Login” button.
How to Reset your Forgotten Password
- Go to the Corsair Connect login page at smc.edu/cc
- Click on the “I cannot access my account” link.
- Enter as much information on the form as you can, and click the arrow to move to proceed.
- Select “I want to recover my login information” if that option appears.
- If the system shows your personal email address and asks if you have access to it, be sure to say “yes” unless you cannot use that personal email address anymore.
The system will decide whether to email you the password immediately or send your request for help to the Student Information Technology Help Line for a more detailed follow-up later.