SFU Canvas: Simple Guide to SFU LMS 2023
SFU Canvas is a web-based learning management system (LMS). Canvas LMS is an open and reliable web-based software that allows Simon Fraser University to handle digital learning, instructors to create and offer online learning materials and evaluate student learning, and students to engage in courses and receive feedback about skill development and learning achievement. The SFU Canvas is the institutionally endowed platform for creating sharing and handling your course materials. With the SFU Canvas, students have access to view their prepared course material uploaded by instructors. The SFU Canvas LSM has qualities like:
- Storing course content
- Managing activities such as discussions
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Teaching in real-time, or recording a lecture with Blackboard Collaborate integrated
Instructional designers and instructors may create and share course content using Assignments, Discussions, Modules, Quizzes, and Pages. SFU Canvas LMS also permits Simon Fraser University and instructors to add state and institutional learning outcomes to headers in order to measure and track student skill development and learning achievement.
For easy access to SFU Canvas, kindly read through the similar guide provided here to assist you to log in into your SFU Canvas LMS
How to Login into SFU Canvas LMS
- Open SFU Canvas LMS here: https://canvas.unt.edu on your browser.
- If you are not already logged into the SFU resources, then you will see a login prompt. Enter your username which is your SFU Computing ID
- Enter password. In case you have forgotten your password, click on forgotten password and follow the steps carefully to reset it.
- Click on “LOGIN” to log in. It will take you straight to the SFU Canvas homepage.
If you are on a public computer don’t forget to log out when you are done. Students can log in through the Canvas students App
With the Canvas student app, you can access SFU Canvas LMS. The Canvas student app is available in Google Play Store for Android devices and in App Store for IOS users. With the Canvas students app, you can log in with your school URL or QR code. ‘
Logging in with URL
- Open the Canvas student app and enter SFU Canvas LMS URL or website. In case you don’t know the SFU Canvas LMS URL code, you can search for Simon Fraser University with the search bar.
- Click on the login button and enter your SFU Computing ID and password.
- Click on “LOGIN”.
Logging in with QR Code
To log in with the QR code, click on the account link and then the QR code. For the QR code, an SFU staff must enable the QR code feature before you can use it. QR code can be scanned from the login page of the goSFU online portal. To view the QR code:
- Login to your SFU Canvas LMS account.
- Click on “QR code for Mobile” in the account
- Click on the proceed button and your code will display.
The QR code is the same as your password and should be kept confidential. If you are on a public computer don’t forget to log out when you are done.
NOTE: SFU will never request our users provide or verify their Computing ID or password through email or by visiting to any website. SFU users should disregard all messages requesting Computing ID and/or password information, no matter how genuine they may appear.