RMIT Canvas: Access RMIT eLearning Portal 2023
RMIT Canvas is the RMIT eLearning portal. Canvas is RMIT’s online Learning Management System (LMS). Canvas learning management system is a web-based software that allows institutions, especially Universities to control online learning, instructors to create and present online learning materials and assess student performance as well as allow students to engage in courses and receive feedback about skill development and learning achievement. The RMIT Canvas serves as a platform where you can find all of your course announcements and content, including class notes and resources. With RMIT Canvas you can listen to lectures, complete online assessment tasks, view and submit assignments as well as receive grades and feedback. RMIT University provides its students with a personal Canvas account to enable them to participate in their online learning activities.
Accessing RMIT eLearning is very simple. To have access to the RMIT eLearning portal, you must first log in to the RMIT Canvas. RMIT Canvas grants you access to RMIT online learning platform and materials. You can log in to the RMIT Canvas through a web browser or the Canvas mobile app. The Canvas student app is available in Google Play Store for Android devices and in App Store for IOS users. Log in with your RMIT ID and password.
How to Login into RMIT Canvas
- Visit the RMIT Canvas at https://rmit.instructure.com/ on your browser.
- Enter your RMIT ID and password. Your RMIT ID must be in this format; the letter “s’ followed by your student number. Click on Forgotten your password to reset your password if you have forgotten it.
- Click on “Sign in” to access your RMIT Canvas account.
Logging with Canvas Mobile App
Students can log in with the Canvas student app whiles instructors can also login in with the Canvas instructors app. Download the canvas mobile app you will need from Google Play Store for Android or App store for IOS users. Download and install the Canvas student app and follow the steps below to log in and access your RMIT Canvas or eLearning portal. With the Canvas student app you can log in with your school URL or QR code. Every institution uses a specific URL to access Canvas.
Logging in with URL
- Open the installed Canvas student app and enter RMIT Canvas URL or search for RMIT University with the search bar.
- Click on the login button and enter your RMIT ID and Password.
- Click on “Log in”.
Logging in with QR Code
To log in with the QR code, click on the account link and then the QR code. For the QR code, an RMIT staff must enable the QR code feature before they you can use it. QR code can be scanned from the login page of the RMIT student portal. To view the QR code:
- Log in to your RMIT Canvas account.
- Click on “QR code for Mobile” in the account
- Click on the proceed button and your code will display. Scan and log in.
The QR code is the same as your password and should be kept confidential.
If you require assistance using Canvas, you can find a help option within Canvas at the bottom left of the global navigation. From here you can access the Canvas chat or call:
Canvas student hotline +61 1800 910 175
Canvas staff hotline +61 1800 861 359.
Both hotlines are available 24/7.