Quercus UOFT: How to Access U of T Quercus 2023
Quercus is the University of Toronto’s academic technology toolbox, powered by Canvas. Canvas is a web-based learning management system (LMS) used by learning institutions, teachers, parents, and students to access and manage online studies and interact about skill development and learning achievement. At the University of Toronto (UofT or U of T), Canvas is the University’s Learning Management Engine (LME), and the interface for Quercus. Quercus is the University of Toronto’s online learning environment and virtual space where you will locate the online portion of your courses, announcements and grades on certain assignments and quizzes. Your Quercus (Canvas) courses are connected to ACORN (UofT student information system where you register for courses). Quercus (Canvas) supports many of the tools that faculties are using with their courses. The UOFT Quercus can be accessed through the Quercus website or through the Canvas student app. The Canvas student app allows students to conveniently access their courses to review the course content and receive and send course communications on a mobile device.
Your access to UOFT or U OF T Quercus grants you access to the University of Toronto online course materials, view your progress in courses, and submit assignments and other coursework. To access UofT Quercus, you must log in to your UofT Quercus account through the Quercus website or the Canvas mobile app. You will need your UTORID and Password to log in to have access to the UofT Quercus.
How to Login to Quercus using the Quercus Website
- Navigate to https://q.utoronto.ca on a web browser.
- Enter your UTORid or JOINid and your UTORid password or JOINid password respectively depending on which one you are using to log in. If you have forgotten your password, click “Forgotten Password” to reset it. UofT cannot retrieve your password.
- Click on “log in” to have access to your UofT Quercus. Once you have logged in, you will be in your Dashboard and can access your course and others.
Logging in Using Canvas App
With the Canvas student app, you can access your UofT Quercus. The Canvas student app is available in Google Play Store for Android devices and in App Store for IOS users. With the Canvas students app, you can log in with your school URL or QR code. ‘
Logging in with URL
- Open the Canvas student app and enter the UofT Quercus website URL. In case you don’t know the UofT Quercus URL code, you can search for the name of the university with the search bar.
- Click on the login button and enter your UTORid or JOINid and your UTORid password or JOINid password respectively depending on which one you are using to log in.
- Click on “Log in”.
Logging in with QR Code
To log in with the QR code, click on the account link and then the QR code. For the QR code, a U of T staff must enable the QR code feature before you can use it. QR code can be scanned from the login page of the Quercus UofT. To view the QR code:
- Login to your Quercus UOFT account.
- Click on “QR code for Mobile” in the account
- Click on the proceed button and your code will display.
The QR code is the same as your password and should be kept confidential.
Take note of the following to protect your account.
- Before you begin, make sure this page (URL) begins with https://idpz.utorauth.utoronto.ca/…
- When using a public or shared computer, shut all windows and exit the browser.
- Keep your password a secret at all times. U of T will never ask for your password or other personal information by e-mail.