Northwestern Canvas: Helpful Guide to Access NU LMS 2023
Northwestern Canvas is the Learning Management System (LMS) for Northwestern University. Canvas is a web-based learning management system (LMS). It is used by most educational institutions, instructors or professors and students to access and manage online learning materials as well as communicate in regard to skill development and learning.
Northwestern Canvas is designed in such a way that allows Northwestern instructors to deliver course materials, manage grades and create learning activities and allows students to submit assignments and tests and view grades. The Northwestern Canvas is available and accessible to students, faculty and staff. Canvas offerings support the management system and in the sharing of class materials such as videos, documents and spreadsheets, support student assessments along with facilitating learning through collaboration. Students can access their courses on the go and can now:
- Submit assignments.
- Keep track of coursework with a to-do list and calendar.
- Receive push notifications for new grades and course updates.
- View grades and course content.
Provided here is a helpful guide to assist students to access the Northwestern learning Management System (NU LMS). The Northwestern Canvas can be accessed on the desktop through the web or on your mobile device through the canvas mobile app. Both the canvas teacher app and the canvas student app are available on App Store for iOS users and Google Play Store for Android users. Provided below is a guide to assist you with how to log in and access Northwestern Canvas (NU LMS) through the Web and Mobile App.
How to Login to Northwestern Canvas
- Go to or navigate to the Northwestern University website homepage at https://www.northwestern.edu/ on your web browser.
- Click on the “QUICK LINKS” tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on “CANVAS” from the drop-down menu.
- Now click on the “LOG IN TO CANVAS” button.
- Enter your Net ID or Northwestern email address and click on “Next”.
- Enter your password.
- Click on ‘Sign in” to access your Canvas dashboard.
How to Login to Northwestern Canvas with the Mobile App
The Canvas Teacher app allows teachers to manage their courses on mobile devices and the Canvas Student app allows students to view course content, upload submissions and view grade information. Download and install the Canvas student app from Google Play Store or App store depending on your device and follow the steps below to access your Northwestern canvas:
- Open the Canvas app on your mobile device.
- Enter the Northwestern Canvas site URL or search for Northwestern University with the search bar.
- Enter your Net ID or email address.
- Enter your password.
- Click on “Login” to access the NU LMS dashboard.