NCSU Moodle: Helpful Guide to Access NCSU LMS 2023
NCSU Moodle is the primary Learning Management System or Software (LMS) for NC State University. Moodle enables instructors to communicate with students, provide course content, facilitate collaboration and manage assignments, quizzes, and grades and provide a variety of activities and resources. Moodle is primarily supported by DELTA at NC State.
Moodle is a robust learning management system that offers multiple ways for both instructors and students to engage in online activities. The platform also provides tools and opportunities to build community and connections. Moodle allows vast flexibility in designing an engaging online environment for all learners, providing a way to use various tools to connect with students and reach learning objectives. NSCU Moodle can be utilised for the following:
- Maintaining a website for your course
- Posting or linking to a variety of content such as syllabi, assignments, readings, reference materials or recorded media
- E-mailing and posting messages to notify your students about important events
- Using forums and wikis that allow students to collaborate
- Posting grades securely
- Receiving and returning assignments from students
- Creating online assignments and quizzes
- Restricting course access to your students and designated subgroups of student
NSCU Moodle as a web-based software is accessible. That is, it can be accessed from anywhere on various devices and browsers. Students, faculty and instructors can access NCSU Moodle on their desktops with a compatible browser or on their mobile devices with the moodle app. The Moodle app is not a replacement for accessing Moodle with a web browser on a desktop or laptop computer, but it can be a complementary tool to help instructors and students stay connected to their Moodle courses on the go.
How to Login to NCSU Moodle
- Navigate to Moodle Login Project webpage at https://moodle-projects.wolfware.ncsu.edu/login on your web browser.
- If you’re logging in as a student, faculty or staff, then click on Unity ID Login.
- Enter your Unity ID.
- Enter your Unity Password.
- Click on “LOG IN” to access.
How to Login to NCSU Moodle with the Mobile App
Moodle HQ provides an app that enables students and instructors to access Moodle course content using mobile devices. The app is available for iOS devices in App Store and Android devices in Google Play Store. The Moodle app can be used with all of NC State’s Moodle servers, including Courses, Projects and Outreach. To access the Moodle app, download the Moodle app from Google Play Store or App Store and follow the steps below to log in;
- Download and install the Moodle app on your mobile device.
- From your mobile device, open the app and enter the NCSU Moodle site URL address.
- When prompted with “You need to log in to the site in a browser window”, click on “OK”.
- Enter your Unity ID and password (or Outreach username and password) to log in.
- When prompted to “Open this page in Moodle”, click on “Open”.
- The Moodle dashboard will display.
NC State’s version of Moodle is configured to support teaching and learning activities at NC State and has been customized based on requests from NC State users. To use Moodle, instructors can request a WolfWare space and then activate Moodle as one of the available tools within the space.