My Slice: Complete Guide to Access Syracuse Login Portal 2023
MySlice is Syracuse University’s online login portal to vital information resources for applicants, students, staff and faculty. MySlice serves as the official service portal for academic, financial, employment and administrative affairs at Syracuse University. With MySlice, students can register for classes, view grades, pay Bursar bills, select housing and meal plans, and add or drop classes. Faculty and staff can upload grades, view paychecks or time off, manage benefits and so many more.
MySlice is protected by Microsoft’s Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA). Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is an added verification step during authentication that helps to prevent the unauthorized use of NetIDs and passwords by ensuring that only the account owners themselves can access their accounts. It is best to use the latest current stable release of Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge when you want to access Syracuse Login Portal (MySlice). On mobile devices, Safari is recommended for iOS and Chrome for Android users. Actually, Chrome is the only officially supported browser on Android devices, so we urged you to download Google Chrome from the Google Play Store to access your MySlice.
Provided here are details on how to access your Syracuse Login Portal (MySlice). To access the MySlice Portal, you must first log in with your NetID and Password. Students must activate their NetIDs with your SUIDs before the can log in with it.
How to Activate your NetID
- Navigate to the Syracuse University Self Ser Page at https://netid.syr.edu/selfserv on your web browser.
- Click on “Activate Your NetID”
- Enter the first nine (9) digits of your SUID number in the field provided.
- Click on “Next” to proceed.
- Follow the provided on-screen instructions to finish your NetID activation.
Once you are done activating your NetID, you can proceed to login.
How to Login to MySlice
- Navigate to the MySlice Login page at https://myslice.ps.syr.edu on your web browser.
- Click on the “STUDENT-FACULTY-STAFF” link.
- The Microsoft Sign in screen will appear.
- Enter your NetID followed by “@syr.edu”.
- Click on “Next”
- Enter your password
- Click on “Sign in”.
If you have not configured Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) already, you will be prompted to configure it before you will be able to log completely into MySlice. Below are the steps to follow to configure your Microsoft Multi-Fctor Authentication (MFA). The Microsoft Authenticator app helps you sign in to your accounts when you’re using two-step verification. Multifactor authentication helps you to use your accounts more securely because passwords can be forgotten, stolen, or compromised.
How to Set up the Microsoft Authenticator App
- The first time you log into a syr.edu account, or after your authentication has been reset, you will be prompted to set up multifactor authentication
- Follow the on-screen prompts to proceed.
- In case you are adding an account to the app, be sure to choose “Work or School”. Click on “Next”
- Scan the provided QR code with the app then click on “Next”. Do not scan the QR below, it is a reference screenshot and will not properly set up your multifactor authentication.
- Approve the test notification sent to your device then click on “Next”.
- The “Success!” screen will appear then click on “Done”.
Download the Microsoft Authenticator app using the links below:
Install the latest version of the Authenticator app, based on your operating system:
For Android go to Google Play to download and install the Authenticator app.
For Apple iOS go to App Store to download and install the Authenticator app.