How to Log into Texas State Canvas 2023
Canvas is a collaborative learning environment or earning management system (LMS) at Texas State that connects the classroom to the web by bringing course materials, class discussions, assignments and quizzes online. With the Texas State Canvas, faculty can set up course sites to improve classroom teaching or provide distance learning by bringing their course materials, class discussions, assignments and quizzes online. Students can also connect and interact with their courses as well as view their grades on the web. With Texas State Canvas, students can have access to the course and campus announcements in one location, access direct links to course websites and groups and view and create a personal calendar and “to-do” lists correlated with student course calendars. The Texas State Canvas provides tools to develop and handle course sites and online campus environments, without knowledge of HTML or any other programming languages.
Texas State Canvas is available to faculty, staff and students of Texas State University. Both students, as well as teachers, can log in to their FIU Canvas account through the TXST Canvas website or through the Canvas mobile App. There are two TXST Canvas login sites: TXST Login and Guest Login.
How to Login into Texas State Canvas using TXST Login
- Visit the TXST Login site at https://txstate.instructure.com/login/saml on your browser. Canvas works best when accessed using Chrome.
- Enter your regular TxState NetID and password. Click on Forgotten your password to reset your password if you have forgotten it.
- Click on “Login”.
- If prompted, authenticate with the NetID 2-Step (Duo)
How to Login into Texas State Canvas using Guest Login
- Go to the Canvas Guest Login site at https://txstate.instructure.com/login/canvas on your browser.
- Enter your personal email address and password
- Click “Login”.
Logging with Canvas Mobile App
Students can log in with the Canvas student app whiles instructors can also login in with the Canvas instructors app. Download the canvas mobile app you will need from Google Play Store for Android or App store for IOS users. Download and install the Canvas student app and follow the steps below to log into the Texas State Canvas account. With the Canvas student app, you can log in with your school URL or QR code. Every institution uses a specific URL to access Canvas.
Logging in with URL
- Open the installed Canvas student app and enter TXST Canvas URL or search for Texas State University with the search bar.
- Click on the login button and enter your NetID and Password.
- Click on “Log in”.
Logging in with QR Code
To log in with the QR code, click on the account link and then the QR code. For the QR code, TXST staff must enable the QR code feature before you can use it. QR code can be scanned from the login page of the student portal. To view the QR code:
- Log in to your Texas State Canvas account.
- Click on “QR code for Mobile” in the account
- Click on the proceed button and your code will display. Scan and log in.
The QR code is the same as your password and should be kept confidential. If you cannot log into Canvas, please contact ITACLinks to an external site at 512 245 4822.