How to Access UNT Canvas 2023
UNT Canvas is the official learning management system (LMS) of the University of North Texas which is used for course activities and communication in online, blended, or normal face-to-face courses. The UNT canvas runs under modern web browsers and devices. The UNT canvas is a learning management solution created and designed for the University of North Texas to better engage instructors and students in the teaching and learning processes. With UNT Canvas, both students and instructors can access zoom and canvas studio. The Canvas Studio is an effective easy-to-use device that combines directly with UNT Canvas and allows instructors and their students to create, upload, edit, and manage audio and video files.
To access the UNT Canvas LMS account, you must have your UNT EUID and password. At UNT, all students as well as staffs have a UNT EUID and a password. The UNT EUID allows students to access most UNT services including the UNT Canvas.
How to Login into UNT Canvas
- Open UNT Canvas here: https://canvas.unt.edu on your browser.
- The login page will pop up. Enter your username which is your UNT EUID
- Enter password. In case you have forgotten your password, click on forgotten password and follow the steps carefully to reset it.
- Click on “LOGIN” to log in. The dashboard is your landing page.
If you are on a public computer don’t forget to log out when you are done. Students can log in through the Canvas students App
With the Canvas student app, you can access UNT Canvas. The Canvas student app is available in Google Play Store for Android devices and in App Store for IOS users. With the Canvas students app, you can log in with your school URL or QR code. ‘
Logging in with URL
- Open the Canvas student app and enter UNT Canvas URL or website. In case you don’t know the UNT Canvas LMS URL code, you can search for the University of North Texas with the search bar.
- Click on the login button and enter your UNT EUID and password.
- Click on “LOGIN”.
Logging in with QR Code
To log in with the QR code, click on the account link and then the QR code. For the QR code, a UNT staff must enable the QR code feature before you can use it. QR code can be scanned from the login page of the MYUNT online portal. To view the QR code:
- Login to your UNT Canvas LMS account.
- Click on “QR code for Mobile” in the account
- Click on the proceed button and your code will display.
The QR code is the same as your password and should be kept confidential. If you are on a public computer don’t forget to log out when you are done.
How to Access Zoom within UNT Canvas
For zoom to work properly in canvas, instructors are required to use their UNT Account Management System’s desired email address as their desired email address in canvas.
Accessing Zoom in UNT Canvas
- Log in to your UNT Canvas
- Then access Zoom in the course menu
- Log in to your UNT Canvas account and go to your Canvas courses.
- Select the “Modules” menu item and click on the “+” icon at the top right of the module.
- Under the menu that defaults to “Assignment”, select “External Tool”.
- Select Zoom. Make sure not to alter the URL that auto-populates under “URL”.
- Name your new module and click “Add Item”.
For any assistance, contact the UIT Student Help Desk. For fast answers, check out it.unt.edu/helpdeskfaq.
Contact the Helpdesk at:
it.unt.edu/helpdesk or call 940-565-2324