HCC Canvas: Complete Student Guide to HCC eLearning portal
HCC Canvas also known as Eagle Online is the Learning Management System (LMS) of Houston Community College. Canvas is a web-based software that allows institutions to control digital learning, instructors to create and present online learning materials and assess student learning, and students to engage in courses and receive feedback about skill development and learning achievement. Canvas is considered intuitive and user-friendly. To access Eagle Online, you will need a PC (Windows 7 sp1 or better), or Mac (OS X 10.8 or better) with a broadband connection to the Internet. The Eagle Online or HCC canvas can be accessed on your mobile device through the canvas mobile app.
You can access some aspects of Canvas through the Canvas Mobile App or via a web browser on your mobile device; however, not all of the components within the Canvas learning management system are supported by the mobile application or via mobile web browsers. Below is a guide to assist you to access the HCC Canvas by logging in.
HCC Canvas (Eagle Online) Browser Requirements:
- Canvas recommends the use of the latest version of any web browser. It’s important to update your web browser regularly.
- Pop-ups must be enabled. Disable your pop-up blockers.
- Cookies must be enabled
- Install the most commonly used internet plugins and keep them updated
How to Login to HCC Canvas or Eagle Online Using a Web Browser
- Go to https://eagleonline.hccs.edu/login/ldap on your browser.
- Enter your HCC Email address (Eagle Online Canvas Username) and password. In case you have forgotten your password, click on “Forgot password” and follow the steps carefully to reset it.
- Click on “Log in” to have access.
Logging in Using Canvas App
Students can log in through the Canvas students App. Download the Canvas Student app to access Canvas on your mobile device and get communications delivered straight to your device. The Canvas student app is available in Google Play Store for Android devices and in App Store for IOS users. With the Canvas student app, you can log in with your school URL or QR code. Every institution uses a specific URL to access Canvas.
Logging in with URL
- Open the Canvas student app and enter HCC Canvas URL or the Eagle Online URL. In case you don’t know the HCC Canvas URL code, you can search for Houston Community College with the search bar.
- Click on the login button and enter your HCC Email address or Eagle ID and Password.
- Click on “Log in”.
Logging in with QR Code
To log in with the QR code, click on the account link and then the QR code. For the QR code, HCC staff must enable the QR code feature before can use it. QR code can be scanned from the login page of Eagle Online. To view the QR code:
- Log in to your HCC Canvas account.
- Click on “QR code for Mobile” in the account
- Click on the proceed button and your code will display.
The QR code is the same as your password and should be kept confidential.