Go SFU: How to Access SFU Login Portal 2023
GoSFU is the information management system for Simon Fraser University. GoSFU is available 24/7 to students, faculty and staff of Simon Fraser University. With the goSFU, all University students can access their course registration, view grades, track degree progress, order transcripts, and apply for graduation. For staff, SFU Login Portal (goSFU) grants them the chance to perform all their administrative and advising duties. To faculty, access to the goSFU is granted for instructors to check class schedules, view class rosters, assign final grades to students, and submit or approve grade change requests.
Instructors will obtain access to goSFU automatically once their teaching appointment has been entered into the system. Access to goSFU is provided to the instructor as long as that instructor has an active teaching appointment at SFU.
Accessing SFU Login Portal ( goSFU) grants you the chance to register, pay your fees, apply for graduation and order your transcripts. To access your SFU Login Portal or Student Centre (goSFU), you must first login to your goSFU account with your active SFU Computing ID. Your SFU Computing ID is your digital key to log into SFU’s technology services available to you such as Wi-fi, SFU Canvas, goSFU and more. To login, you must activate your Computing ID first (if you have not). Below are details and guides to assist you with how to activate your Computing ID and log in to your goSFU account.
How to Activate your Computing ID
- Navigate to the Computing Account Services page at https://www.sfu.ca/information-systems/services/computing-account.html on your web browser.
- Locate “ACTIVATE YOUR COMPUTING ID” and click on it.
- The SFU Computing Account Activation page will open.
- Read the information provided and click on “I Accept” to proceed.
- Enter your SFU ID (Student Number).
- Enter your date of birth.
- Click on “Submit” to proceed.
- The system will automatically search for your details. Follow the prompts provided to activate your computing ID.
Now you are done activating your SFU Computing ID, you can proceed to log into your goSFU account.
How to Log into goSFU/SFU Login Portal
- Navigate or go to the SFU Login Portal page at https://go.sfu.ca on your web browser.
- Now click on “Sign in”.
- The goSFU Sign in page will appear.
- Enter your Username. Your Username is your SFU Computing ID.
- Enter your password.
- Click on ‘Sign In’ to access the SFU Login Portal/goSFU dashboard.
Once you have logged into your goSFU account, you can enrol in all the classes you want. To enrol in a class, follow the steps below to enrol.
How to Enrol in Classes via SFU Login Portal (goSFU)
- Log into goSFU with the details provided above.
- Locate the “Enroll in Classes” menu option to check your Enrollment Appointment.
- Go to the Course Catalog to check if you have requirements for the course you want to enrol in.
- You can review the time, day and location of your courses in the View Schedule of Classes. If you want to take courses offered at different campuses on the same day, it is advisable to let 90 minutes travelling from one campus to another.
- Enrol in classes on your Enrollment Appointment date.
- The Course Cart becomes available two weeks before the start of the enrollment period.