EIU D2L: A full Guide to EIU LMS Portal
EIU D2L is the Learning Management System (LMS) of Eastern Illinois University. The Eastern Illinois University Learning Management System (EIU LMS) provides tools for faculty, staff and students at Eastern Illinois University to enable them to succeed in developing educational experiences. At Eastern Illinois University, the EIU D2L is open to use for accessing all courses including online, hybrid and face-to-face.
EIU D2L is powered by Desire2Learn (D2L) Brightspace. With the D2L Brightspace Pulse App, allows you to access the EIU D2L on your mobile app to check into your courses that utilize the D2L Brightspace. The main features of the app include:
- View upcoming items that are due
- See a graphical view of the workload for the week
- View Notifications / Announcements
- View Content and Grades
- View and reply to Discussions
Below here is a full guide on how to have access to your course in the EIU D2L or LMS portal. To have access to your courses in EIU D2L portal, you must first log into your EIU D2L account. You can log into your EIU LMS account through a web browser on your desktop or laptop computer or through the Brightspace Pulse App on your mobile device. Below is a full step-by-step guide to assist you to log into your EUI LMS portal.
How to Log into your EIU LMS Portal via Web Browser
- Navigate to or go to the EIU LMS Portal at http://www.eiu.edu/d2l on your web browser.
- Click on the “Login to D2L Brightspace” button on the EIU LMS portal.
- Enter your EIU NetID and password. The username and password are the same logins you use for Panthermail and PAWS.
- Click on “Sign in” to access your EIU D2L account.
How to Log into your EIU LMS Portal via Brightspace Pulse App
- Open the Brighspace App
- Search for Eastern Illinois University using the search bar.
- On the Login page, Enter your EIU NetID and password.
- Click on “Login”.
We advised that you use a desktop or laptop computer to complete assignments and quizzes in your EIU D2L account. If you experience any issues logging in to D2L with your EIUnetID and password, contact User Services at 217-581-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Access your Courses in EIU LMS Portal
Now you have been able to log into your EIU LMS account, you can access your courses by following these steps.
- Locate the “My Courses” widget on the homepage.
- Select the preferred semester at the top of the “My Courses” widget to display courses for that specific semester.
- Locate the course you want to access.
- Select the course title to access the course. You can pin courses to appear at the top of the “My Courses” widget.
- Locate the “Course Selector on the top navbar to the left of the notification icons. The “Course Selector” is another method to smoothly search, locate, and pin courses.
- Click on the “Course Selector” to view the course list
- The search box will appear. Search for the course you want to access in the search box.