Caesar Northwestern: Helpful Guide to Access NU Login 2023
Caesar stands for Computer Assisted Electronic Student Access Route. CAESAR is Northwestern University’s system of record for student data. Caesar Northwestern is the web interface that students use to enrol in classes, request refunds and pay bills. At Northwestern University, students use Caesar to access student records, student accounts and financial aid information on the web with their web browser.
Northwestern University faculty and advisors use CAESAR to access class lists, post grades online and access information relevant to advising. Students, faculty, advisers, parents, guardians, and staff use CAESAR to manage classes and grades, pay bills, view financial aid, process admissions, and maintain demographic data.
Caesar Northwestern is accessible and available to students, faculty, staff and parents or guardians or guests. Access to the Northwestern University CAESAR is granted to current Northwestern faculty or staff in a permanent position with legitimate University business reasons to access student-related information. Windows and macOS operating systems support Caesar. The following browsers are recommended for accessing Caser Northwestern:
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
To access your Caesar Northwestern or NU Login, you must first log in.
How to Log into Caesar Northwestern (NU Login)
- Navigate or go to the Caesar Northwestern Login page at https://caesar.northwestern.edu.
- Click on the “Log in to CAESAR with your NetID” link.
- Enter your NetID.
- Enter your password.
- Click “Log In” to access your dashboard.
Parents can also access or log in to Caesar using the Guest Login. Due to FERPA, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, parents and others may not access a student’s account or financial information without the student’s authorization.
How to Grant Guests Access to your Student Account
Your guest will receive his or her Guest ID via email, but you must set up the corresponding case-sensitive password.
- Log in to Northwestern University (NU) Login (CAESAR) using your NetID and password by following the steps provided above.
- Click on “Manage Guest Access” in the left navigation menu. If the left navigation menu is not displayed, click the icon with two vertical bars to open it.
- Fill in the Last Name, First Name, Relationship, and Email fields.
- Create an Authorization Phrase. Select something easy for your guest to remember but hard for others to guess. Your guest will employ this phrase when speaking with Student Finance staff, who may then share specific information about the student account.
- Create a password. Guest ID and password are used for Northwestern University (NU) CAESAR login. As with the authorization phrase, choose something easy for your guest to remember, but hard for others to guess. The password should contain at least six characters, including at least one digit. If your guest loses or forgets the password, reset it by returning to your Guestlist, then edit the Guest and click the Change Password link. You will be prompted to create a new password.
- Authorize guest access for any of the following menu items: All Student Account Pages, View My Account, View or Pay Tuition Bill, 1098-T, Make Deposit (Tuition/Housing) (non-refundable).
- Save. Guests will receive their GuestID via e-mail, but you must communicate the case-sensitive password to them.