Buff Portal: How to Access MyCUInfo Login Portal 2023
Buff Portal is the online portal for students of the University of Colorado Boulder (CU Boulder). The Buff Portal was developed by the Unified Student Experience (USE) project to assist unify campus tools and processes. Buff Portal was actually designed and developed at the University of Colorado Boulder in close partnership with students and campus offices with the aim of creating a seamless online experience for students. Buff Portal is an Angular application that uses RESTful APIs.
Currently, the Buff Portal has replaced the MyCUInfo experience for students, after students reported issues with MyCUInfo that included a confusing and cluttered layout, difficulty finding things and a poor mobile experience. CU Boulder focuses on continually improving and tailoring Buff Portal to meet student wants and needs by developing its own student portal and following a student-centred design process.
Buff Portal is accessible and available to students and most alumni. Students and alumni wanting to access the Buff Portal can do so by logging in with their CU Identikey and password. The Buff Portal is a mobile-friendly platform, therefore it can be accessed on your phone or tablet with a supported web browser. Buff Portal supports the latest versions of the following browsers; Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge. Buff Portal does not support Internet Explorer. Prior to logging in, students especially incoming ones must first activate their account or Identikey.
How to Activate Your Buff Portal
- Navigate to the Identikey Manager website at identikey.colorado.edu on your preferred website.
- Click on the “Activate My IdentiKey”.
- Select your account type (student) then click on “Next”.
- Now depending on the account type you selected, you enter the details required from you, Students will be required to enter their Student Id Number, Date of Birth and the Last 4 Digits of their Social Security Number or PIN Number (if no Social Security Number).
- Click on “Next”.
- Click the checkbox to accept the usage policy and then click on “Next.
- Once authenticated by the system, you will be notified to answer at least three authentication questions. If you ever need to reset your IdentiKey password, you will be required to answer these questions as part of the authentication process.
- Click on “Next”.
- Set a new password for your IdentiKey following the requirements listed in IdentiKey Manager. After setting your password, click “Next” to proceed.
- You will get a confirmation message that your password has been changed and your CU Login Name will be displayed. Write it down.
- Click “Finish” to activate your account.
Once you have activated your account or Identikey, you can then log in to access and navigate your Buff Portal.
How to Login to Buff Portal
- Navigate to the Buff Portal Login Page at buffportal. colorado.edu on your Website.
- Enter your IdentiKey Username.
- Enter your IdentiKey Password.
- Click login to access your dashboard.
Once you log in, you can view your student ID number, major, and residency status, make changes to your profile, update your password and display your name, and email settings.