bCourses: How to Access UC Berkeley Canvas 2023
bCourses is the University of California Berkeley’s official campus learning management system (LMS), using the open-source Canvas platform. Canvas platform is a web-based learning management system used by learning institutions, instructors, parents and students to access and oversee online course learning materials as well as interact around skill development and learning achievement. The bcourses is a web-based tool that provides help for both students and instructors at the University of California Berkeley to enrich their teaching and learning adventures. bCourses is an online learning environment with tools that support teaching and learning activities. The bCourses is the same as UC Berkeley Canvas. The UC Berkeley was renamed to bCourses because of the additional tools they built, customizing it for the UC Berkeley Community only.
At UC Berkeley, bCourses is blended with our Academic Integrity, Clickers, CalCentral, Course Capture, and Gradescope services. It offers a variety of built-in assessment tools, as well as an opportunity to merge external tools to customize the study experience. CalCentral is the Campus’ secure online portal that delivers students and staff with important notifications, access to student records, enrollments, billing and financial aid, and facilitates navigation of campus resources in support of learning and the academic experience.
At the University of California Berkeley, it is very easy to access the UC Berkeley Canvas or the bCourses. To access a bCourses account or create a bCourses account, you need to log in at the bCourses website or Login page with your CalNet ID and passphrase. The CalNet ID and passphrase permit students and staff to access most services offered by UC Berkeley.
How to Login to bCourses or UC Berkeley Canvas
- Go to http://bcourses.berkeley.edu/ on your browser. Kindly use either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for the best experience when using Canvas LMS.
- The login page will pop up. Enter your CalNet ID and passphrase. . In case you have forgotten your CalNet ID or passphrase, click on “Forgot CalNet ID or Passphrase?” and follow the steps carefully to get it or reset it.
- Click on “SIGN IN” to log in.
Logging in Using Canvas App
Students can log in through the Canvas students App
With the Canvas apps, you can log in to bCourses or UC Berkeley Canvas. The Canvas student app, Canvas instructor app, and the Canvas parent app are all available in Google Play Store for Android devices and in App Store for IOS users. With the Canvas app, you can log in with your school URL or QR code. Every institution uses a specific URL to access Canvas. It is recommended that you use the Canvas Mobile App for iOS 14.0+ and Android 8.0+.
Logging in with URL
- Open the Canvas student app and enter bCourses or UC Berkeley Canvas URL OR you can search for the school name with the search bar.
- Click on the login button and enter your CalNet ID and passphrase.
- Click on “SIGN IN”.
Logging in with QR Code
To log in with the QR code, click on the account link and then the QR code. For the QR code, a UC Berkeley staff must enable the QR code feature before you can use it. QR code can be scanned from the login page of the bCourses. To view the QR code:
- Login to your bCourses or UC Berkeley Canvas with your CalNet ID and passphrase.
- Click on “QR code for “Mobile” in the account
- Click on the proceed button and your code will display.
The QR code is the same as your password and should be kept confidential. On mobile devices, you can use your mobile browser to log in and access bCourses, but we advise installing the Canvas app on your phone or tablet, instead, since it makes browsing course sites easier.